Covid - 19
As a close contact service, massage does pose some risk for transmission of coronavirus. However, I believe that with appropriate precautions informed by high-quality research we can greatly reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus. I am looking at Knox county’s data daily1 in order to make well-informed decisions about how to keep clients and myself safe. These are the changes I am making to my practice:
- I will follow all policies from the Glowing Body, outlined here.
- I am currently only taking one appointment a day, and am not accepting same day appointments.
- I take my temperature daily and will reschedule appointments if I exhibit any symptoms of illness. I will wear a mask through the duration of the intake, massage, and closing.
- Clients are required to wear a mask while entering and leaving the studio, and while on the table supine (face up). While prone (face down), I have placed a pillowcase in such a way as to catch respiratory droplets. This is to adhere to reopening guidelines2 and best practices for massage.
- If a client has trouble breathing, they may request to change positions, or may end the massage and receive a prorated refund.
- A Respiratory Health Intake and Waiver will be included in your confirmation email. Clients must fill out a new intake for each new appointment.
- I have initiated a flexible cancellation policy. Clients must cancel or reschedule without penalty if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- As the risk of transmitting coronavirus increases with lack of airflow3, all massages will be given in rooms with open windows and increased airflow.
- Clients must pay through their MindBody account.
Thank you for your understanding!